Apply to Midwest Refrigerated Services
Take the next step in your trucking career today! Complete our safe, secure, and fast application process and apply to Midwest Refrigerated Services! Once you've completed your driver profile you can apply to additional truck driving jobs with a single click!Apply Now!
About This Job at Midwest Refrigerated Services
Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) is hiring CDL A OTR Refrigerated Drivers in the Northeast Region to haul fresh and frozen temperature controlled freight driving routes in states located East of I-35. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years, Midwest Refrigerated Services is a growing leader in LTL refrigerated transportation and storage. Our team takes pride in the role we play in putting food on the table for millions of Americans every night. Our team of professional drivers represent our customers well, set high standards for themselves and are safe, confident, and independent. Discover the MRS difference!
WEEKLY MINIMUM GUARANTEE PAY & HOME TIME TO FIT YOUR NEEDS!
- Average weekly pay: $1,400 - $1,680 gross per week; depending how you like to run
- Mileage pay and a weekly minimum guarantee of $1,200 as long as you are available for 5.5 days of work
- Base $.50 CPM practical miles with an average of 2,000 - 2,500 per week
- All miles paid, loaded and unloaded
- $240 for each day worked beyond 5.5 days
- Additional Pay:
- Drop and Pick Pay: $25 per drop on all drops; there are 6-8 drops every load and a couple of loads per week (part of the guarantee)
- Detention Pay: ($21/hour after 2 hours)
- Sign-on Bonus: $4,000; paid out as followed: $500 after 90 days, $750 after 6 months, $1,250 after 9 months, and $1,500 after 12 months.
- Recruiting Bonus: $1,500 ($500 at 30 days, $500 at 60 days, $500 at 90 days)
- Clean Inspection Bonus: $50
- Safety and Service Bonuses: paid quarterly
- Paid bi-weekly via direct deposit or debit card
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits, eligible the 1st of the month after 60 days:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Free Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with 3% company match; eligible after 1 year of service
- 8 Paid Company Holidays; eligible after 90 days
- Paid Time Off (PTO): pro-rated for the first calendar year and eligible after 90 days of employment
- 80 hours of PTO earned for 80,000 or more miles driven in the previous calendar year
- 1 hour of PTO for every 1,000 miles driven in the previous calendar year up to 79,000 miles
- Paid Vacation: earned based on years of continuous employment and accrued on a pro-rated basis
- Eligibility is based on minimum of 80,000 miles driven in the current calendar year and being employed on the first day of the following calendar year
- Vacation earned by years of continuous employment:
- 0-1 year: None
- 2-6 years: 1 week (40 hours)
- 7-11 years: 2 weeks (80 hours)
- 12+ years: 3 weeks (120 hours)
- Paid Orientation: 2 days in Milwaukee, WI
- $21/hr. for your time in orientation
- All travel expenses paid by the company (flight, hotel, and lunches)
- DriveWyze and IPass provided
- Personal Cell Phone Bill Credit: $50 per month
- Weekly Comdata card supplied: $300
- Annual Safety and Service Awards Banquet for Drivers
- Headquarters terminal with brand new driver amenities: drivers lounge, TVs, pool table, kitchen, new washer and dryers, mailboxes, copier, showers, etc.
- Rider Program: Eligible after 90 days
- Spouse or companion: 18 years or older
- Child: under 18 years old, approval required
- Pets: Welcome, any breed or size; $500 security deposit required, 100% refunded if no truck damage
- Can take truck home (depending on location)
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home Time: Drivers can be home weekly (34 hr. reset at home) or choose to stay out (earn 1/4 day off for each day on the road)
- Schedule: Some weekend outbounds, out 2-3 nights per week or more depending on where you run
- Route: Over the road across the lower 48 states
- Level of Touch: 50% drop & hook, 50% load & unload; Live unload
- 2019 & 2020 Freightliner Cascadias, 2021 Volvos
- All automatic transmissions with a fridge, APU, inverter, dinette, heated/cooled driver's seat, tv hook-up, and free SiriusXM satellite radio
- Governed speed: 65 mph
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a valid CDL A license
- Must have a minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience; minimum of 1 year refrigerated experience is preferred
- Must be capable of driving extended periods of time, up to the maximum allowable times, safely, under a variety of conditions, including night driving, mountain driving.
- No DUI/DWIs or reckless driving charges in the last 5 years
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen
- Hiring Radius: MRS allows drivers great geographic flexibility on where they can live. Drivers in DE, MD, NJ & NY are encouraged to apply!
- Drivers from the following states are not currently being considered: AZ, CA, FL, IA, ID, KS, LA, MT, NB, ND, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY
Midwest Refrigerated Services, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace..
This job search is being conducted by Drive My Way (www.drivemyway.com) on behalf of Company.
Driver Types Hired
- Company Driver
Equipment Types Hired
- Dry Van
CDL Classes Accepted
- Class A
|Hire a driver who has had their license suspended or revoked:||No|
|Hire a driver with a DWI or DUI:||No|
More Driving Jobs at Midwest Refrigerated Services
CDL A OTR Refrigerated Driver in South/South Central Region
Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) is hiring CDL A OTR Refrigerated Drivers in the South / South...
CDL A Local Refrigerated Driver in Madison, WI
Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) is hiring CDL A Local Refrigerated Drivers in Madison, WI to p...